Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Yay Frankie!

The lovely Holly McCauley has just featured my work on the Frankie website.
How exciting is that?
Check it out below....

disturbingly amazing
written by holly mccauley
Monday, 05 July 2010 15:00

Melbourne-based jeweller, Polly Van Der Glas is doing weird and wonderful things with body parts. Her collection includes rings, necklaces, bracelets and earrings made with precious metals that have been cast from human hair and teeth,definitely making you glance twice. Polly pairs amazing silver-smithing craftsmanship with an eye for seeing beauty in something that might otherwise have been mistaken being morbid and grotesque. The Van Der Glas pieces are available atAlice Euphemia and Alphaville stores as well as Polly's Etsy shop, be sure to check out Polly's blog, too.

van-der-glas

3 comments:

  1. Hi there Polly,

    My name's Nick Miller, I work for a London based production company called talkbackThames - www.talkbackthames.tv. I found your blog and love your jewellery, I would love to talk to you about it.

    If you are willing to talk then please email me at nick.miller@talkbackthames.tv,
    Hope to hear from you soon,

    Nick Miller

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I really love your jewelery! I had 3 wisdom teeth removed recently and I asked to keep them. I was thinking of making a necklace or something like that out of them..then I was sent a link to your page. It's great! How much would a necklace or ring with 3 teeth be approximately ?

    cardsbyali@hotmail.com

    Thank you,
    Ali

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'this isn't happiness' posted a picture of a ring I liked, so i followed the link to a page that your teeth rings were also featured on - only to find that I recognised your work from Frankie!

    I just wanted to say that I think your creations are wonderful and unique and damn cool. It's so great to see young Australians creating like this. :)

    ReplyDelete